The “Hacker-in-Residence” will work closely with the CTO to develop future product concept for INNOVID online video advertising platform with major VOD, Broadcast and Gaming console providers. The role involves working with top consumer electronic devices and platforms (TVs, Consoles, Mobile and Tablets). We seek a true ninja that is excited to roll up his/her sleeves and evaluate INNOVID code on new environments delivering unified experience regardless the screen / technology / interaction method (remote, touch, kinect, etc).
We are paving the way to true interactive TV and we seek a rock star to join the ride!
- Research and build proof of concept for multiple partner integrations
- Understand the current Innovid platform (desktop/laptop focused) and server architecture to be able to develop new components that fit the current system lifecycle
- Design and develop various applications to port Innovid’s technology platform to the world of Television
- Work closely with manufacturers: Samsung, LG, Xbox, Playstation and cable/sat companies: Comcast, directTV etc
- Geeky excitement for next generation TV boxes/technologies (xbox, PS3, RoKu, Boxee, Apple TV etc)
- Software development experience in a web based environment (desktop & mobile) – HTML5, JS, node.js, PHP
- Experience in HTTP streaming technologies is a plus (HLS, DASH, M3U8)
- Knowledgeable in NoSQL DBs is a plus (couch, membase, mongo, hadoop)
- Passion for building new technologies in an undefined environment (also known as a hacker)
- Easily picks up new / proprietary languages
- Team player
- Good analytical and communication skills
- Appreciation of deadlines is essential
- B.Sc. in computer science or equivalent experience